For our vibration tests we have a wide range of shakers that differ in aspects of force vector, maximum amplitude (deflection) and frequency range.
We use both electrodynamic and servo-hydraulic shakers in our laboratories for your mechanical tests.
- 2.5–2,600 Hz
- Maximum peak-to-peak amplitude: 4 inches (101 mm)
- Shocks up to 100 g (depending on mass and pulse duration). Higher accelerations are possible using special shock equipment.
In addition to the standard “sine, noise and shock tests”, we also perform “sine over noise” and “noise over noise” tests.
Samples weighing up to 800 kg can be tested.
Standards (examples): ASTM D4169, ASTM D4728, ASTM D999, DIN EN 60068-2-6, DIN EN 60068-2-27, DIN EN 60068-2-57, DIN EN 60255, DIN EN 61373, DIN EN 50155, DIN EN ISO 2247, DNV GL, ISTA Series, ISO 2669, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160
Shock tests can be carried out both on our shakers or, for particularly high loads, on a specialised shock test machine.
- Maximum test mass (test object + adaptations): 800 kg
- Maximum acceleration: 6,000 m/s²
- Effective area: 1.2 x 1.2 m
- Pulse duration: (3 to 40) ms
- Shock types: half sine (others available on request)
- Calculation of shock response spectrum
Standards: DIN EN 60068- 2-27, MIL-STD-167, BV 0230 (others available on request)
“So you don’t break a sweat!”
Our temperature and climate tests enable time-saving, cost-efficient and reproducible investigations into the suitability of your product to climate and weather-relevant criteria.
To conduct these tests, we have climate chambers of various sizes in which extreme temperatures, humidity, rapid temperature fluctuations, condensation and icing can be simulated.
- Climate chambers with up to 20 m² floor space
- Temperature range from -70 to +180 °C
- Relative humidity from 10 to 98 %
- Temperature change rates of up to max. 3°C/min
Standards: ASTM D4332, DIN EN 60512-11-1, DIN EN 60068-2-1, DIN EN 60068-2-2, DIN EN 60068-2-14, DIN EN 60068-2-30, DIN EN 60068-2-78, DIN EN 61373, DIN EN 50155, DIN EN ISO 2233, DNV GL, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160 (others available on request)
Most standards and test specifications recommend the salt spray test for checking the corrosion resistance of materials or samples. In these tests, the samples are exposed to a corrosive water/NaCl mixture, either constantly, cyclically or in alternation with moist heat.
Standards: DIN EN 60068-2-11, DIN EN 60068-2-52, DNV GL, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160
Ingress protection (IP) class is the degree of protection of your casings or enclosures against water, foreign matter or ingress by hazardous materials. Our laboratories offer a complete IP class testing range, from IP1X to IP6X. Testing for water ingress is conducted from class IPX1 up to and including IPX9K using a high-pressure steam jet device.
Our capacity extends to the testing of, for example, control cabinets with a height of 2.2 metres.
Standards: DIN 40050-9, DIN EN 60529, ISO 20653
At PAConsult, we have a powerful pressure chamber at our disposal for the simulation of ambient pressure from almost 0 bar to 2 bar absolute.
The chamber was specially made for our purposes with a cubic test chamber – a special feature in this field. Furthermore, cables and hoses can be led into the test chamber for commissioning the test sample. Test events may be monitored through two observation windows.
- Cubic test chamber with a size of 750 x 745 x 765 mm
- Cable feeders: 9 cables with a diameter of up to 16.5 mm each
- Absolute pressure from (20 to 2,000) mbar
- High pressure change rates possible
Standards: DIN EN 60068-2-13, ASTM 4169, ASTM D 6653, ASTM 7386, ASTM F 2096, ASTM F1140, ASTM D4991, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810